FreeK666

Free Speech as in Open Source!

This makes me mad, my Aunt Peggy won't know what to do when I downloaded and install Libreoffice and other free and open source software for her, her Windows 10 updates, and then she can't run them anymore and blames me for it.

I think I'll stick to Windows 7 for now. I got my other hard drive connected and can boot into Linux Mint or Windows 10 if I so wanted to. I got USB drives I can back stuff up to if I wanted and then just delete all hard drives and start over. Just that the restore part will take a long long time.

Ah fuck-it most of the stuff I downloaded to keep safe is now on the Internet Archive.

If I ran Microsoft I'd make Office and other stuff for Linux. I'd port Visual Studio (Not Visual Studio Code which is just a text editor) to Linux and have it make Windows, OSX, or Linux apps. Have to use Mono or something on Linux and OSX to work like Dotnet but I think it can be done.

SteamOS if they ever finish it, will put M<icrosoft out of business, if the Apple iPad Pro doesn't already do that. I heard the Mac is the weakness of Apple right now:

FUck it, if I were (burp) CEO of Apple Morty. I'd (burp) make Macintosh ATX motherboards and license them to HP, Dell, and others to make ATX based Mac Clones. If they decide to screw us (burp) I'd just take away their license and the ATX boards to make an example out of them to the others. Nobody (burp) will do a Power Computing to us Morty, that is what ruined Apple and their cloning decision.

(9 comments, ?? new, ?? words in story) Full Story

Windows 10 Update can block user from using apps not bought from the Windows store. | 6 comments (0 hidden) | Post A Comment
Oh yeah, did I mention that (#115)
by CoyoteBrown on April 18, 2017, 3:51 a.m.
Edge is the ONLY browser that supports 4k streaming?
That's right bitches. Firefox don't do it, Chrome don't do it, Safari, no le hace, only the EDGE gives you 4k goodness.

AND it reads ebooks nows too.

[ Parent | View Source ]
Well i lost it (#113)
by CoyoteBrown on April 18, 2017, 3:23 a.m.
I was writing about MS as a service, and what is really wrong with MS and how if you don't want Windows then you should use Linux TODAY don't wait. Windows will become like Android soon. With subscriptions for some programs and ad support for others. That is the way it is. I had like a page of argument backing me up but it didssappeared and I typing all that again. But yeah, even if there is some program you need windows for it don't matter, companies are not going to write software for linux if everybody just runs windows and dual boots linux. Use linux now. Write the companies and DEMAND they make linux equivalents. That5's the ONLY way it is going to work. Your games, don't fucking buy games unless they run on Linux. And if there is software that runs on Linux that rplaces a windows program then fucking support that shit. Otherwise DON'T Bitch.

It's like voting. If you don't vote then keep your your yap shut. Don't give me a bunch a shit how your vote doesn't count statistically or how ylou don't really agree 100% with the candidate or whatever lame excuse. If you run windows then run windows and like it. If you run Apple then run apple and like it. If you run Android or Steam or what the fuck ever, don't be like Oh I would run such and such but you know Cockfluffer v5.0 don't run on it and I need that for you knoe important shit. Fuck off.

You want to use apps and shit fine, run Apple or Apple wannabe Windows. Because that's where they're going and what theyw ant todo.they want to be Apple, They want to be Android with the Windows Store like Google Play store. They want to be on your desktop, your phone, tablet, fridge, car etc. And if that's what you want then graet more power to you. But if you want to be OSS then fucking loadf linux and don't look back.

I also said something about how ppl keep treating MS like it was back in the day. You know the Gates and Balmer days of M$. Nut that isnoyt the company today. And it is sad in a way becasuse theyu no longer lead the industry. They are followers. If Apple does it then they want to do it. If Googkle does it they want to do it. They just want to follow. They don't want Windows 7 or 8 or 10 etc. They just want Windows. Just like Android. Sure we may have Anniversary and Creators and LGBT Edition whatever, but they mean as much as Lollipop, Marshemellow, Jujubee, rockCandy whatever. Anyways, like I was saying, don't wait till then. Get on board with OSS NOW. Don't wait til it is too late. yEAH i'M DONE FOR. I'm doomed. It's too late for me. I ain't changing horses in mid stream. In a few years it ain't gonna matter to me one way or another. But you younger folks, you have a chance and what's more you have an opportunity. Don't let it pass you by. Don't be setting there in twenty years, thinking, shit man, I should've done what that tdillo asshole Brown Coyote said. But fuck, pas the cat food and let me check facepad.

You know I'm right. You just ain't ready to believe it. You think everything is just going to be the same old same old. You think 2017 is going to be just like 1997 and just like 1877 and just like 1617 you know nothjing changes. It's all the same shit right? There is only a market for about five computers worldwide and besides no one will EVER ne3ed more than 640K of RAM. Amiright? Nothing is going to chhange. Ever.

Forgive the spelling and shit I am speeding my ass off anmd I just can't typwe fast enough without busting these keys.

[ Parent | View Source ]
I tell you the truth, this is the Post-PC, Post-Windows, Post-Microsoft, Post-Bill Gates era. Microsoft is slipping away... (#122)
by Orion on April 18, 2017, 7:11 a.m.
because they don't understand it yet.

Android is passing Windows as the most commonly used OS on the Internet!

Apple is having the same problems with their Macs, and made the iPad Pro with a Keyboard to make it a cheap touchpad computer that can work better than a Windows 10 PC and offer cheap apps from one source and not fuck things up like Microsoft did.

My brother, Black Demon, just upgraded to an iPhone 7 with AT&T and he got an iPad Mini and is happy with it. My brother-in-law just upgraded his phone with Sprint and got an Samsung Galaxy Note tablet for free. These phone companies offer a free tablet iPad or Android and charge $10 extra a month for adding it to a data plan. That is now killing PCs and Macs as people throw them away as obsolete junk.

Did you know that even outdated Pentium 4 PCs can run Windows 7 and Windows 10? Just that the GPU is too slow to run video games but with the right PCIe or whatever video card they can run video games better.

Google is killing PCs and Macs with its ChromeOS Chromebooks for $200 each and they can even run Android apps as well.

You know the difference (#112)
by CoyoteBrown on April 18, 2017, 2:25 a.m.
between APPS and programs right? You also realize that it is a setting that you have to set to not allow non-window-store-apps? You realize that there is also a setting in the same place that will allow you to install ANY apps, even unsigned apps? Are you aware that there is a setting to let you sideload apps?

No you probably just read the headline, assumed the worst and now you look like an idiot.

Good Job!

Thank goodness you are on disability because no one in their right mind would hire you to admin a fisher-price calculator.

I got the CU last week. It was not entirely painless. Up to this point I've ONLY had issues with older hardware. well, guess my laptop is now 'older' hardware. And yes, it is almost always a driver issue.

In my case about halfway through the update my laptop began making a noise similar to an air raid siren. It was terrible. I managed to kill the sound, (it was due to feedback loop from my onboard mic thru the built in speakers)

Microsoft Answers was totally useless of course. I got some answers from Google, seems I wasn't alone but most folks were clueless. There were about three solutions that seemed to work for people. In my case, someone mentioned something that allowedf me to track it down. Under Microphone Properties their is a new (I think ) Listen tab. It's not intuitive. Basically it allows one to plug in an MP3 player into the external Mic jack and listen to it like if it were line in. The thing is. My built in mic doesn't HAVE a jack. It's built in to the lid. But Windows sees it as a 3.5" jack. And the Listen box was checked so it was treating my built-in mic like a line in device. Weird right? All I to do was uncheck the Listen box and click Apply and Bobs you Uncle.

trouble is that setting is BURIED under several other tabs and if you're troubleshooting with a loud scream going off it makes it difficult. Anyways that is all sorted.

Ther's another problem. Windows defender has a Security Center now. And inside the Security Center is a thing called PC Health. Now it scans your system periodically and offers suggestions on keeping your system healthy. We're good so far right? Okay well one of these is related to Battery. So I'm using my computer and the little shield pops up with a yellow exclamation saying something needs my attention. It's the battery health. According to Windows I have my brightness set at 100% and I have my sleep setting set to Never. I mean sure, it's a laptop but I don't take it anywhere. It stays here plugged in basically a desktop replacement. So I look all over to see if there is somewhere I can indicate to Windows that yeah, I'm aware of it don't worry about it. Evidently MS forgot about that feature. I've tried work arounds like setting brightness to 99% 95% 90% etc. But battery Health is convinced that my screen is still at 100% and that may reduce my battery life.

So I open the Feedback Hub to make a ticket for this obvious bug. Seems others also have this problem and MS has a note, saying,"We have recieved this feedback and are working on it" and there is a link to a survey for their engineers to describe the problem more fully. So i took the survey and maybe in the next update they'll fix the problem. Until then I have a shield in my Notification Area telling my that my PC is fucked up because I set my screen brightness too high. LOL.

You might not be aware but Windows 10 comes with a Feedback Hub. Simply hit WinKey + ? and it opens. You can give either a suggestion for improvements or open a ticket for a problem. You don't havew to be an Insider either. However, they concentrate on bugs / problems that have the most people reporting it. So if you have some esoteric problem that only you experience it may be some time before it is fixed. It does seem like they do listen to the most vocal complaints though. Several major changes in the CU are ones that were surfaced in the Feedback Hub.

Anyways all your HATE towards Windows 10 is misplaced. And although it isn't perfect it works a fuckload better than that windows 7. I think most of the problems you experience are your own fault and not that of the OS.

Some very nice features of the CU are Game Mode. When you launch a game you can tell Windows to use Game mode. In this mode, Windows will automatically pause and or background all non-essential processes and give your game the maximum amount of resources available so that it runs smoothly. It comes with a number of extra features like you can toggle an onscreen Frames Per Second counter so you can benchmark the performance.

In the areas of Updates, while you cannot keep from updating all together you can defer updates to a lter time. Active hours have been extended from 12 to 18 hours. You can also suspend updates for up to 34 days. If you do that then you will not be asked to update at all for 34 days. I mean that is pretty fucking cool.

OTOH, fucking Cortana is still a Hot Mess. Even with the ability to read your contacts, your email, your calendar and browsing history it still is totally clueless when it comes to doing even simple things. I use Google Now (OK Google) pretty extensively on my phone and it is way better. I can ask it to send an email and dictate the email. I can have it make a note. Take a picture, record, all kinds of things. Where even looking for a file on my local machine seems beyond Cortanas capabilities.

Also there are ads. They don't always LOOK like ads but they are definetly ads. And there are more of them in the CU than ever before. There are ads on the lock screen, in the start menu, in the list of all programs, in the Action Center and popping up periodically in the notification area. It's VERY annoying.

Anyways. My point is there are plenty of things to hate about Windows 10, you don't have to go making up bullshit like this article you have written here. There are also things to like as well. I haven't really tested the Linux framework but I hear it is pretty robust. You'd probably like that a lot. Being able to run your linux programs as native windows apps. Also the ability to run BASH shell scripts in PowerShell must be pretty cool for some.

[ Parent | View Source ]
It is so easy (#114)
by Orion on April 18, 2017, 3:29 a.m.
To get this sort of response out of you.

Linux Mint and Windows 7 Pro on the same PC runs faster than Windows 10 Pro. When I sign up for an AI/ML course the commercial software they want me to use that does math won't work in Windows 10 and they told me to downgrade to Windows 7 to use it. Matlab or something I think.

Hell man, search eBay for $10 Windows 7 Pro and $10 Microsoft Office 2010 Pro Plus COA keys from recycled PCs that became scrap. If you want Windows 8.1 or 10 it is a few dollars more. If you want a newer MS-Office it is a few dollars more too.

When I talk to people at Microsoft program, app, exe file, binary executable file, etc are all talking about the same thing.

You might have gotten Metro/Modern apps confused for Desktop apps.

Windows is free as in beer (#118)
by CoyoteBrown on April 18, 2017, 4:31 a.m.
You just don't know what you're doing, that's all. You pretend like you like you are some guru but you really don't know shit. Hell man, I don't have to search. I got all my shit running and it runs and when it breaks I fix it. I don't whine about how I can't do this or I can't do that. I got MS Office, I got Visio, project, the whole nine fucking yards, all legit. You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you're just fucking useless and a waste of fucking time. I aint responding to you any more until and unless you can manage to pull your head out your ass. I used to think yopu were cool, like creative and shit but you know. I listen to your shit and its the sAme as trane's shit and all that. Like when you told me Moviemaker didn't work.And it works fine. And then you were like well I don't know how to use it, I'm going to use this youtube shit because igt's made for retards like me. And like krasti is like here install this shit and prActically holding your fucking hand but you can't install it, you can't figure out anything. Like Matlab works fine on Windows 10. In fact if it runs on 7 it runs on 10. You just don't know how to make it work. Do you? Just admit it. No bodeey is judging you. You just don't have the skills. You tell me to write code for this shit. I write Python, I write Java, I write Ada, I write Squeak/smalltalk, I write COBOL, I write three different assemblers, I don't do DotNet, I don't do Javascript although I do VBScript for WSH but thzat ain't top say I couldxn't. I juzst don't. I aint confused, you are confused, you're just a wannabe that comes up wuith excuses and I'm just fucking tired of your bull;shit. You ain't even a good troll and I don't even think you have a fucking degree even. Maybe a GED. At BEST. I thought at one time we could be friends but I don't know. I knopw a bunch of people on the spectrum and I know some ppl with chemical imbalance and personality disorders but I don't think you even WANT to get better. You LIKE it. Anyways I just ain't got time for you. I ain't got time for poison people. So have a good life. I'm just going post and do my shit and whatever you got to say I'm just going to ignore it like a fucking fly. Buuzzzz Buzzz Buzzzz.

Windows is an NSA backdoor, the Windows Insider program is run by a fashion designer that had a dream of designing an op... (#121)
by Orion on April 18, 2017, 7:03 a.m.
erating system.

Windows is as far from free as in freedom as it can get. Free as in beer, but it collects data on the user to pay for it, so there are hidden costs to that. If you don't mind your Internet surfing history to be used by Microsoft to sell to third parties to target you with ads for Plumbuses and Rose Radish Whatchamacallits and Real Dolls and Waifu dating services, feel free to use Windows 10 and don't cry to me when it crashes your hard drive one day because of a misaligned pointer by a Fashion Designer that doesn't know how pointers work and it went into Windows Insider and then the Windows Retail.

Actually, it is not me who is at fault, others having the same problems I am having. Ask anyone who needs RLL programming on a PLC, even if they install a serial port on their PC or Laptop the PLC/RLL software won't work on Windows 10, but does on 7/XP.

You are basically sucking Microsoft's dick when you make posts like that and you posted twice just to annoy me. Either Windows 10 does what I want, or I look elsewhere for an operating system.

Being friends, that ship sailed when you blocked me on Facebook and then make fun of my dead father as Wexel Pixel to try and trigger me. While we can't be friends we can be human beings who care about each others well beings.

I think you are working too hard. I used to program in VBScript, COBOL, FORTRAN, Ada, Pascal, BASIC, Java, JavaScript, X86 Assembly, etc but the real money I made in Visual Studio's Visual BASIC. I've been sick and disabled, but that doesn't mean I am stupid or going to let you accuse me of being autistic and saying "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" cause I am not.

Windows is free as in beer (#117)
by CoyoteBrown on April 18, 2017, 4:30 a.m.

by Orion on April 19, 2017, 2:36 a.m.
He only uses software that is free as in speech. The free as in beer software usually has hidden costs.

He built his own web browser and went to my blastar.in site and liked it because it worked with his web browser and it didn't use any commercial licenses, etc. Offered me to join the FSF as a volunteer and make web pages first and then they'll teach me how to program for some of their projects. I got his attention when I had the Blastarix distro made. He said instead of making my own, just join an existing one.

Donations: bitcoin:1Dy5rLHwt8wk79C6jfH6uRf2bpcVnJtNyQ